Find us on BetaList and more!

Happy Friday!

Whew, what a ride it has been over the past week or so. As of our last post we’ve finally entered the ‘beta site’ phase of our journey. This is the phase where we submit Socialius to sites that provide users with early access to our platform.

Submitting to Beta Sites

I’ve ensured to do two things here, submit to sites in a trinkled pattern (as best as possible) and not using advertising on submissions. My reasoning is that advertising would lead to a ‘dirty’ test. I believe a natural benchmark is needed and should not be influenced by advertising. Now, trinkled traffic is another thing, I could have used a service to do the submissions very quickly. But I believed that doing them myself and doing them over a span of time would lead to a natural backlink profile, would appear in multiple places over time, etc. Perhaps I’m wrong. But I am certain that someone most familiar with your startup should be the one making the submissions, each one gives you one shot to put your best face forward.

Over the time of making submissions I also changed things in the submission text. I also have more than one version of text used for submissions, for instance, many beta sites request a one liner intro starting with your startup’s name, a brief intro, a medium intro / description and / or a full description – it depends on the site. Many of these sites also differ in how many characters / words you can use within these fields. So naturally, it’s very likely that you’ll end up with many versions.

I did, however, pay a couple of writers on Upwork to write some good copy based off of my starting startup pitch copy. The one Upwork recommended was pretty decent but the one that applied to my job, that I selected, was somewhat underwhelming. I needed things done quickly and didn’t have time to go back and forth so I just paid (and left good feedback). I was able to work with a colleague and greatly improve these texts into our final result(s).

Find us on (so far):

Feb Updates

Whew! It’s been one hectic, uber busy, non-stop ride for me. Hundred more hours into creating the social media management utility you need!

Last Fixes

A few weeks ago I begun reviewing things for immediate release. Along the way I was able to discover issues that would have made for a negative experience for users. So I needed to take even more time to correct these issues.

Uh-oh, Connectivity Issues

With these issues corrected we then had a day of issues with our data-center. By trade, I’m a versed server admin, so engineering a model for Socialius that would avoid issues as these wasn’t a problem. I’m a strong believer in business continuity, so high-availability and replication have been on my laundry list for quite sometime now.

I spent a bit of time to craft a reliable solution that works extremely well, is very scalable and isn’t very expensive. Works like a charm and I believe our users will love the reliability and speed.

Last Minute Marketing Updates

So now it finally begins (since Oct 2015!), the time to get our business out there to the folks that need it.

Over the next 24+ hours I’ll be focused on getting our website out to launch channels. Great websites such as BetaList, BetaPage (thanks for the invite!) and other quality startup listings. I’ll finally have some time to speak w/ others in the community — I admit, I do need help and would like to have partners.

My thoughts are that I can get the ball rolling in the right direction (early access). Then while that’s moving on it’s own I can double back a little to review everything a bit more to ensure all is working as it should, I’m really worried about Socialius users encountering issues. Even if I’ve spent many nights doing my best to ensure they don’t.